May 16, 2017
Award for future-proof solutions
productronica innovation award enters round 2
The world's leading trade fair for electronics development and production will present an award for innovative products. A panel of independent judges will select the winners in six categories. The Innovation Award is open exclusively to exhibitors participating in productronica. Entries in the categories Cable, Coils & Hybrids, Future Markets, Inspection & Quality, PCB & EMS, Semiconductors and SMT may be submitted until September 1, 2017. Winners will receive their awards at productronica on November 14, 2017.
Following a successful premiere in 2015 with more than 70 submitted entries, Messe München is partnering with “productronic” magazine to present the productronica Innovation Award again at this year's fair. When the award was first presented two years ago, the following companies were honored:
- Cables, Coils & Hybrids category: Schleuniger (CoaxCenter 6000)
- Future Markets category: Asys Group (PULSE)
- PCB & EMS category: Fuji Machine (SmartFAB)
- Semiconductors category: F&K Delvotec (laser bonder)
- SMT category: Rehm Thermal Systems (reel-to-reel system)
As part of this second edition of the Innovation Award, productronica exhibitors can enter innovations in the original categories as well as a new category for Inspection & Quality. The submission deadline for developments and innovations is Friday, September 1, 2017.
From the innovations that are submitted, the panel of judges will select a winner in each of the six categories. The panel of independent judges includes the following:
- Prof. Klaus-Dieter Lang, Fraunhofer IZM
- Daniel Müller, VDMA
- Prof. Mathias Nowottnick, University of Rostock
- Prof. Lothar Pfitzner, University of Erlangen
- Dr. Rolf Winter, ZVEI
- Dr. Heinz Wohlrabe, TU Dresden
The winners in all six categories will be announced at the main press conference for productronica at the Messe München trade fair center on November 14, 2017.
Entries may be submitted using the following link: www.all-electronics.de/productronica-innovation-award-anmeldung/